Sessional Pharmacist Needed at the Department of Correctional Services
The Department of Correctional Services is accepting applications from suitable qualified persons including retired persons to fill the post of Sessional Pharmacist in their Medical Unit. See information below:
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures that weighing, measuring and compounding are done in accordance with good manufacturing practices (sterility, attire of staff, environment)
- Ensures that items dispensed are suitably packaged and appropriately labeled.
- Ensures that daily statistical records, inventory controls are maintained, designated in order to facilitate the retrieval of information.
- Ensures that adequate supplies are available to satisfy prescription requests of supervisor of needs as required.
- Conducts weekly checks of emergency cupboards to ensure that adequate levels of supplies are available to satisfy needs.
- Provides drug information daily for prescribers and other members of staff on areas which include availability of supplies, incompatibility and contra-indications.
- Ensures that inventory is properly stored by considering temperature, humidity and security and reporting any undesirable conditions to the responsible person.
- Conducts patients’ interviews daily
Minimum required qualification and experience:
- Original Certificates of Achievements
- Graduate of an accredited institution with a Diploma/ Bachelors Degree in Pharmaceutical Studies
- Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica
Remuneration Emoluments in accordance with Government of Jamaica rates.
Applications accompanied by resume should be submitted no later than Wednesday October 12, 2016 to:
Department of Correctional Services
5-7 King Street, Kingston
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org