JNHT Needs Administrative Officer
So you are either unemployed or underemployed and need a job that is right up your alley. This may be your break through. Go through carefully and once you have the necessary qualifications just go for it right now – don’t procrastinate – it may be yours; GO!!!
The Administrative Officer Fort Charles is responsible for the development, implementation and management of all operations, security, marketing/promotion and accounting functions relating to the
management of Fort Charles.
The Administrative Officer strives to achieve his or her responsibilities through a team of professionals who discharge their responsibilities using ethical business practices in a manner that maximizes, as far, as possible, employee motivation and commitment with high levels of accountability, responsibility as well as documented productivity.
- Supervises daily, the recording and banking of income generated from activities on the Site, and ensure that proper accounting principles are being adhered to.
- Prepares annual budget for activities to be undertaken and the staffing required to monitor expenditure.
- Monitors income and expenditure for all special events ensuring that proper collection and accounting practices and principles adhered to.
- Ensures that proper accounting records are prepared and maintained for all income generating activities on the Site.
- Ensures that Fort Charles and other infrastructural elements are maintained and restored as necessary.
- Monitors contractors hired to undertake repair work and ensure the deadlines and quality of work are maintained in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of a disaster preparedness plan for Fort Charles review as necessary.
- Develops a security plan for and monitor implementation to ensure effectiveness.
- Ensures that Security Officer and watchmen are deployed on a daily basis to protect the staff, visitors, and property.
- Report any security incident to the Head Office and asses the need to involve the Police depending on the type of security breach.
- Implements and manages the strategic marketing plan for Fort Charles to increase the number of visitors and enhance revenue generation.
- Conducts feasibility studies in conjunction with the Executive Director within the community and the environs to identify the opportunities for expanding and increase the income generating capacity offering of Fort Charles.
- Foster and develop good community relations with various community groups.
- Liaises with and create linkages with key stakeholders such as the Hotels, JHTA, JUTA, TPDco, Tour Companies etc. that will foster the promotion of the Site.
- Manages and develops programmes for the enhancement of customer service and ensures that customer complaints are addressed in a timely manner and satisfactorily.
- Plans, manages and coordinates the implementation of special events held on the Site and its environs.
Required Skills and Competencies –
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, problem solving, negotiating, analytical and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of JNHT’s Act, policies, procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Knowledge of business strategy development would be an asset
- Ability to consistently demonstrate integrity and sound
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience-
- A first degree in Attraction Management, Tourism Management, Marketing or related discipline.
- At least five (5) years experience at a management level in Tourism or business development.
- Knowledge of heritage management would be an asset.
- Fluency in another language spoken within the Caribbean Region would be considered an asset.
Deadline: October 25, 2016
Human Resource Department
Jamaica National Heritage Trust
79 Duke Street,
Telephone: 922-1287/8 or 922-3990